Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fitting in Summer

This year we have been trying to fit in summer in between all the wet weather.

Eli took the kids to the air show. Beck was affraid to touch the guns.

We have only been able to go swimming at grandpa's once so far. The shark was a big hit and grandpa was a good sport to help all the grandkids take turns riding it. This particular day I didn't bring swim stuff because I thought for sure it was going to rain. The kids still really enjoyed the shark.

Kate and Beck love digging in the sand and it has been a good motivator for good behavior. I bought a bunch of sand toys and they have been earning them with good behavior.

I tried to get some pictures of me and the kids, but Beck refused to look at the camera. Oh well, I'll have to keep trying. You know how it is when you're a mom and always the one taking the pictures and then you don't have any of you with your kids.


Kiera was a good sport with all of our running around trying to fit in summer whenever we can.

Seeing all these pictures makes me realize that we are having a pretty fun summer even with the rain we've been having. I still can't believe it will be July in just a few days. We still have lots of fun to look forward to especially with all the cousins coming in mid-July. We or I should say Eli has been working very hard to finish the basement by mid July as well. I am excited to post some pictures once we get it all painted and carpeted.

1 comment:

April said...

WOW! you are putting together a basement? That is a lot of work, but it is soooo worth it. More room. What will you have down there? Living room, bed rooms, library? Cool!