Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pets

Kate has been facinated with all kinds of bugs and other creatures lately. she gives them names and carries them around like they are her friends especially potato bugs.
I was walking next to her the other day as she was riding her bike and she informed me that she had to go slow for the potato bug she was carrying in her bike pouch.
One day as I was pulling weeds (yes that does happen from time to time), I found a snail and showed it to her. She decided she was going to name him "spitty the snail". He unfortunately did not even make it a day as Kate's pet.
This is why I don't have real pets: I have enough to take care of already and my kids are too young to really take care of them. Insects, creatures, and Daddy's fish will have to do for now.

1 comment:

April said...

BUGS are the best free science you can get your hands on. SWEET!