Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun Fall

I am not ready for Christmas, but can you tell how excited my kids are excited for Christmas already? This pictures was taken before Halloween even and they were playing Mr and Mrs Claus. I think Beck looks so big in this picture. He is starting to lose his baby face and look more like a little boy. He definitely wants to be refered to as a big boy since he now uses the big boy potty. He is starting to act like a big boy too and won't let me cuddle him as much unless he initiates it and it is on his terms.
Kiera is also getting so big. She can sit for a bit without falling over and if I had more time to work with her I am sure she would be sitting up by now. She is eating solid foods now and it is so funny to see the differences in her food tastes than my other children. She hates peas. I have to trick her to eat them by mixing them with squash. What kids would prefer squash over peas? That seems wierd to me. Her favorite besides cereal and fruit is carrots. She is such a content and happy baby. Luckily she can entertain herself for a bit if I need her too.

Besides the kids getting bigger and bigger everytime I blink, we had lots of fun in October and I hope that continues in November. Here are the halloween pictures finally. I think Beck was a pretty good sport for a two year old getting face make-up. He was funny because he would have an inch and I would volunteer to scratch it for him, but he wouldn't let me and he wouldn't scratch it either for fear of messing up his make-up.

Beck ran from door to door and he was difficult to keep up with for such a little guy. He did get tired out quick and needed daddy to carry him the rest of the way.

Kate loves her pre-school and was disappointed to miss so much in October with our vacation and then being sick right after and now she is missing a lot of November too with being sick again and then the Thanksgiving holiday too. Here she is with her teacher who also dressed up as a witch at the pre-school halloween party.

I had my birthday also in October which I was dreading this year. Eli bought this for me which was quite a surprise since we don't really do much for birthdays. I guess he figures he is off the hook now. We tried it out at Costco and I loved it, so I think he knew it would be the perfect gift for me.

Here are the pumpkin carving pictures. Eli made some toasted pumpkin seeds as he usually does. Beck loved them so much that whenever he would see more seeds he would eat them even the raw ones. Beck wanted a Bob the Blob pumpkin and I thought that was a cute idea. Kate drew her own idea and then daddy carved it for her.




We also made some halloween cut out sugar cookies. We had a little dough left over, so I joked with the kids that the blob of cookie dough was monster poop. Kate thought that was hillarious and wanted her picture taken with her favorite cookie.
Earlier in the month we went to the pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful day and the kids love riding the tractor and picking out their own pumpkins.


Sometimes I think I don't spend enough time with my kids or do enough fun things with them, but then I look back and these pictures and it helps me feel better about things because I can see how much we do together as a family and how much fun my kids are having. We also took advantage of the great weather last week and got outside almost everyday to ride bikes and go to the park (the later is probably the reason for the illness although I have been quite vigilant with the hanitizer and Beck calls it). Kate had quite a high fever and was hallucinating during the first night. I thought she was just dreaming when she said she kept seeing silly eyes, but then I felt how hot she was and I think her temp. was probably around 105. Surprisingly enough though it is just a cold and not the flu. I am sure everyone will be feeling better soon and we can get back to our fun fall activities.

3 comments:

April said...

WOW!! So happy for all of the wonderful things, people, and adventures in your life. Everyone is growing up...super cute!

I love the chair! Eli can drop one off to my house anytime!

Love the kids and Christmas adventures...should be great this year: from cookies to singing carols, it is all worth it. You are an amazing mom! Kicks to you!

Jennifer Gerritsen said...

I totally meant to wish you a happy birthday! So much for good intentions! Plus our computer is broke so it's hit and miss checking my email! I agree with you about not thinking you do enough with your kids and then you post a blog entry and think I am not such a bad mom!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of the kids are so cute! They do grow up so fast! I was looking at pictures today, and realized, that I wasn't as boring of a mom as I had been thinking that I was. It does help to have pictures to look back on!!!