Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Southern California

We finally took our first real family vacation. We spent a full week in Southern California and I had to break it up into a few blogs to make it a little easier to view. There are three blogs about our vacation, so when you are finished with this page click older posts to see the rest of San Diego and click older posts again to see Disneyland.


We decided to visit San Diego area and Disneyland both and try to make the most of our trip to Southern California. We decided to drive which was difficult with small children. We woke the kids up at about 4:30 am and instead of staying asleep like I thought they would they were too excited to sleep. They were giddy and just chatted non stop with each other for like an hour until they finally fell asleep. I couldn't help but enjoy the fact that they were so excited and that all our planning and efforts to make the trip happen would be worth it for them.

The first part of the trip went fairly fast and I really did not mind it, but the part from Mesquite to San Diego felt like it took forever.

We also past a big fire on the way that welcomed us to Southern California. Beck screamed like the whole last hour of the drive and Kiera took her turn on the way back.


We spent the first day visiting Balboa Park, La Jolla Beach and Torrey Pines Beaches and then the evening in Olde Town San Diego. This was probably the most fun for me since the rest of the trip was pushing kids around in strollers, bathroom breaks, snack breaks, waiting in line, bathroom break, waiting in line, snack break, walk, walk, etc.


I loved just relaxing on the beach and watching the kids play. I don't really feel like I needed more time at Disneyland or Sea World, but I could have spent more time at the beach, park and in Olde Town. The weather was beautiful the whole time we were out there and my kids didn't get sick until we got home which were two great blessings I was hoping for since we invested so much in this vacation.


I loved watching their little feet make prints all over the sand.


I am so glad we took time out to have this vacation eventhough they may not remember it all since they are so young.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a great time in Southern Cal. I love the pictures at the beach!!! Family vacations are so much fun!!

April said...

WOW!!! Thanks for the great memories. I'm happy that it all worked out for you. It is a great time. Wow, you even captured a bit of the fires. No way! Love my home away from home. Happy it turned out so great!