Tuesday, October 20, 2009

San Diego

As part of our Southern California vacation, we decided to visit Sea World and the Wild Kingdom Animal Park.
Eli and I both enjoyed watching our kids make memories that we had made ourselves as children at Sea World. I loved watching their faces during the Orca and Sea Lion shows. Beck looks a little disgusted or something, but he was really facinated.

I think their favorite part was feeding the seals and sea lions. They also got to feed manta rays, but I don't think they liked that as much because they had to let them take the food right out of their hands. The also really enjoyed being able to touch the star fish in the tide pools.









For some reason after watching a Veggie Tales episode with Barbara Manatee Eli started calling our kids "Kateness Manatee" Until she would scream "I'm not a tee I'm a princess" and then he started calling Beck "Beckness Manatee". I had to stop and get a picture of them in front of the Manatee statue.



I am glad we decided to go to the Wild Animal Kingdom instead of the zoo.

They were freaked out when we first went to feed the Lorakeets and they all three or four landed on them and tried to drink the nectar from the cups and they both ended up dumping the food all over the ground. Then they cried because they did want to feed the birds, so daddy let them try again. We didn't see everything at the zoo, but we tried to see the more exciting animals like the gorillas, Cheetahs, elephants, Lions, and the little safari ride was nice and relaxing and I enjoyed seeing the animals in a more natural habitat.















No comments: