Saturday, October 17, 2009

Disneyland

We spent three days at Disneyland as part of our Southern California family vacation. This was the first time for our kids and we thought they'd like the special Halloween theme. We accomplished a lot the first day since most lines were a 1/2 hour or less and we even caught the parade and fireworks.







The longest line was the princess fantasy faire and after waiting in line for like an hour Kate had a melt down right as it was her turn to meet the princesses. She got to meet Aurora, Snow White and Belle. She would barely even look at Aurora or Snow White, but Belle finially got her talk. Belle talked to her about how they both loved to read books and their favorite colors and even gave her a flower from the backgroung decor for Kate to keep.

Kate's favorite ride was the tea cups and that beat out Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain (which has a special Halloween theme called Ghost Mountain). Beck's favorite ride was the Whinnie the Pooh ride (that was the last one we went on, so I think that maybe why he picked that one).

Thursday I started to get sick and we spent most of the day at California Adventure. I think if I had to do it over I would not take Beck to the Bugs Life 3d movie. Daddy had to close his eyes most of the time. I didn't like it either. I don't like regular bugs much less giant 3d bugs that spray you in the face with air and water.

Later that night was the Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party and I dressed up as a witch along with Kate and Kiera and Beck dressed up as a skeleton. We got a ton of reactions to his skeleton costume and make-up. Everywhere we went people made comments about how cute he looked. I think my expectations were a little too high for the event because I was kind of disappointed. It could have been just fatigue and irritability from having to walk and push a stoller around all day when I wasn't feeling well, but I also think it is geared more toward older kids. There was trick-or-treating and lots of character greets (if you wanted to wait in really long lines) but there weren't any crafts for kids like I thought. I think the funnest part of that night was the little dance party they had with Sully from Monsters inc. and the Incredibles.


Friday we wrapped up the day at Disneyland and it was very crowded. I think there were a lot of locals there checking out the Halloween theme.

Kiera was a great sport. I had her in the sling most of the time and she got to go on most rides with us. It was a great trip and we got to do everything we wanted to.

The ride home driving straight through wasn't as bad as I thought. I was kind of glad to finally rest instead of spend another whole day walking and pushing stollers around. Unfortunately, Eli finally started to get sick on the way home, but once he got some rest he seemed all better. The kids got sick this week too, but I was just very relieved they waited until we got home so they could enjoy their first trip to Disneyland.

No comments: