Monday, April 14, 2008

Top Ten. . . Kateisms

Having a three year old can be challenging sometimes. Kate is often bouncing off the walls and doesn't seem to hear a word I say. I end up repeating myself 20 times before she finally gets it. It is a good thing they bring plenty of humor into your life to go along with the frustrating moments. Here are some of the funny things Kate has said.

10. I pointed out the U on the mountian for Uinta and we drove by it later on and Kate said "Look mom there is a me on the mountain" our reply was no it is a U and she would say "yeah there is a me on the mountain"

9. One of her first prayers by herself "Please bless that I can get a band-aid for my owie and that Beck can learn to walk like me"

8. At Christmas time instead of playing house she would play "Mary and Joseph"

7. Kate didn't like walking in a parking lot that had dirty slushy snow becasue she thought she was going to step in all the dog poop.

6. I think it is cute when she can't say the whole word so she shortens it like "Mingo" (flamingo), "scera" (masquera), "lene" (trampolene).

5. I also think it is cute when she makes up her own words for things like "ah-ah" (chapstick) and hopie gopie" (terykaki sauce)

4. A couple of days ago I mentioned that I had a headache and she asked "Is it because of daddy?"

3.One time I pointed out a crane at a constructions site and then as we drove by again and the crane wasn't there she said "look mom there's no more kangaroo".

2. "A penny is a money diamond"

and the number one Kateism which was just this morning as I was getting in the shower is.......
1. "mom you are all wiggly wobbly" (Ihad misquoted her as saying "jiggly wiggly")

The truth hurts even from the mouth of babes. I felt awful and yet I cdouldn't help laughing. It is was no surprise to me, I know I am very out of shape. Maybe this will be what I need to finally start exercising.

Beck is learning to talk quite well also and I can't wait to hear some of the funny things he comes up with. He now can say "nack" for snack and says "milk" along with his other words "book, ball, momma, daddy, bye-bye". I know he says a lot more but it is just not clear enough yet for me to pick up on. When he gets frustrated becasue he can't get my attention he will yell "MOMMA". It is pretty funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate is so cute!!!! I was just laughing....Don't worry we are all a little jiggly wiggly!!

Brad and Emma Leavitt said...

I am the most jiggly wiggly, and yes the headaches are always because of daddy. Love ya.