Monday, April 28, 2008

Baja Fish Taco Recipe

I really enjoy sharing recipes and so I am not always taking without giving I figured it was my turn to share. Here is a recipe we have tried and it is pretty good.

Baja Fish Tacos
We have used both Cod and Mahi Mahi and both worked fine. We even did chicken, but the fish usually tastes better if you can believe that:).

Sauce:
1/2 C. Sour cream
1/2 C. Mayo
1/4 C. chopped Cilantro
add 2 T seasoning mix from 1.25 pkg (we think the Taco Bell brand taco seasoning packet is the best).

Marinade:
1 lb white fish in 1" pieces
2 T Vegetable oil
2 T Lemon juice
combine with the rest of the seasoning

Cook 4-5 minutes until the fish flakes easily. Fill warmed taco shells with taco sauce, favorite toppings: shredded cabbage or lettuce, tomato, cheese etc. and then squeeze a few slices of fresh lime over the top. I hope you like it. I thought it would be nice to have some tasty ways to use fish. I think it is a nice change of pace.

I forgot to meniton that we usually just saute the fish in a frying pan and then we usally use the white corn tortillas either warmed in a skillet or deep fried. I think any type of tortilla would work fine.

No comments: