Friday, October 24, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

We usually like to go to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins, but this year since the weather was bad and we were out of town during the pumpkin patch times we just had to get them from the grocery store. I was kind of disappointed because I like my kids to have the little tractor ride and to be able to see the fields where the pumpkins grow (plus they give you some pumpkins free). Oh well.
Kate was able to participate a little more this year since she drew the face on the small pumpkin and daddy carved it out.
Eli wasn't really looking forward to the pumpkin carving so he kept the designs pretty simple this year. Kate also drew a little picture of a skeleton that she was very proud of and I am sure she got the idea from the cute skeleton T-shirt her aunt Dani made her. Beck liked seeing the inside of the pumpkins with all the seeds and stuff. He is also my little helper so he enjoyed helping scrape out the inside with my help of course. Kate can't let her little brother show her up, so of course she had to join in on the scaping of the pumpkins as well. Here you can see the finished products. I was glad we didn't show up well (or at least me since my hormones have made my face look more like it did when I was a teenager). I think my favorite part of the night was the Ben and Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. I highly recommend it and it is on sale for $2.50 right now at wal-mart. Although I went back to my neighborhood wal-mart to find more and they were sold out. I probably shouldn't be admitting that :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Pumpkins!! We are getting ours today. I just love carving pumpkins.