Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happenings

Well like many others I finally got sucked into the Twilight Series obsession which means I have gotten behind on blogging, housework, etc. Here are a few happenings that have been going on in my life. First I had my grandmother (Anna Hart's) 88th birthday party. Here is one of my favorite pictures of her with Kate.

The next day I had my nieces Emma and Bella's 2 year birthday parties. That is always a wonderful occasion because they are miracles and everytime I see them I am reminded of the Mercy, love and blessings that Heavenly Father granted us with their arrival. These identical twins shared a placenta and the blood flow and there was a complication fairly early on where the blood flow was going almost exclusively to one baby (Bella) and the other was not getting enough to maintain the amniotic fluid (Emma). Bella was the one at most risk for death or diability with too much blood pressure damaging her heart and possibly her brain. She had two amniotic fluid reductions hoping that would correct the problem, but they didn't work so we had to fly to San Francisco to allow her to have her placental arteries lasered correcting the blood flow problem. If the in utero condition wasn't hostile enough now the reductions and surgeries added even more risks. However, it was surgery or certain death for Bella and possible Emma as well. Thankfully the surgery was a success and amazingly all of Bella's heart problems reversed themselves in the following month. They were born 7 weeks early though, but they are doing amazingly well considering all they went through before they even made it to this earth. I was going to get individual pictures of them at their parties, but I forgot my camera. This picture is from Easter. It is amazing that they don't have any complications like brain or heart damage or that they even lived. We are so happy to have these precious girls in our family!

One of my good college friends Mary got married and I am so happy for her. The theme of the wedding video was worth the wait. She was 35 and he is I believe 39.

This past week one of my long time childhood friends Maren (34) got married also and I forgot my camera again. She looked beautiful and it was so fun to see her and all my neighborhood and highschool friends I hadn't see probably since my wedding.
I have another friend Maggie who was the Relief Society President in my student ward with me after the mission who is getting married the second week of October. I will be out of town and probably have to miss the reception. I am so happy for her since she is also in her thirties I believe.
At Maren's reception I chatted with a long time neighborhood friend about her daughter who is 25 and starting to worry about marriage and I still have a lot of single friends in their thirties who are living ful lives without their eternal companion. I know that is sometimes very difficult for them and I hope they will have the opportunity like these three friends of mine have had. I love them all so much and I am proud of them for all they have accomplished, their positive attitude and I am grateful to share in their joy when some of them do find their mate.
With all this celebrating you can see why I was on the pie and cake diet.

No comments: