Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finished basement

I was going to wait to post pictures of our newly finished basement because we still have to finish the bathroom and we still need to furnish it as well. It is so nice to be able to walk down stairs and feel brand new soft carpet on my feet instead of the cold cement. I am very happy with how it turned out and the colors we picked. It is a small addition, but it will allow my son to have an actual bedroom instead of a crib shoved into our messy office. We will have one room be the office and wash room since that is where the washer and dryer have to be and the other room will be a playroom for now. Then eventually we will have a bathroom finished as well. We still have some touch up painting and need to put everything back together before we can actually use it and I am getty antsy about being able to use the space. Eli worked so hard and learned a lot. He did great work especially considering it was his first time and he really didn't have much help.
Before:

During:




















After:

I think it is a pretty dramatic transformation. The red is called Mexican Chili pepper which took 3 coats and the orange which took two coats (not including primer) is called copper river both Behr paint. Too bad the nicest and cleanest spot in the house is the basement that no one sees.

4 comments:

Jennifer Gerritsen said...

We have been painting practically our whole upstairs and it was a lot of work but it's nice to have a different look so I am sure that going from nothing to that feels great!

Unknown said...

I love the paint, it looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

The basement looks great! I am jealous of the new carpet. I love the feeling of new carpet on bare feet!!

April said...

WOW!!! I am super impressed. You are such the homemaker. Isn't it great? I miss our walks...we will need to get on that