Saturday, August 29, 2009

Funny kids

My kids love stickers and I have been using them as incentives for good behavior and to motivate Beck to use the potty. The other day as I was sweeping the kitchen floor Beck said, "mom you could get a sticker for sweeping" Then later that day he said, "you could get a mommy sticker for being nice to Kiera".
Beck has seemed so grown up with the way he has been communicating. He has been saying things like "________ makes me so mad!"

Beck has also been talking about his cousin Riley saying things like
"Riley's mom has a baby in her tummy"
"Riley says I'm a genius"
"Riley says I look like Josh"

I was thinking to myself how it has been over a month since Riley visited and I didn't realize they really conversed this much while he was here. Beck continuted with the Riley comments.

"Riley says I'm impossible" this statement caught my attention, so I asked what impossible meant and Beck responded, "It means I'm tired" Then Beck started saying Riley does this and Riley does that and it finally occured to me that Riley is his imaginary friend. I told Eli about his new friend Riley and Eli told me that he was aware of it and that he also had one named Tom.

It caught me off guard a little probably because I didn't think 2 year olds had imaginary friends. Too bad Riley can't teach him to go potty like a big boy.

Kate was sick this week and didn't get to start pre-school yet, but she has been carrying her backpack around with her everywhere saying "see ya later I'm going to school.

I asked Kate to get me a toy for the baby and this is what she brought

It is nice to have some entertainment during the days to break up the monotony

1 comment:

April said...

They are funny. I am so happy for you. It looks like everything you every wanted you have been blessed with. The lord truly loves all of us. What a blessing!