Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dance Class

Kate loves to dance and she is always making up dances to show me and even gives them names. She loves dressing up in her princess or dance clothes and twirling around saying "watch me mamma". I kept thinking some day I will have to get her in dance classes. I didn't want to get too involved in activities too early on and become frazzled and overwhelmed from all the kids activities. I thought I would put it off as long as possilbe, without denying her the opportunity to be able to develop her talents and express her interest. Well, many of the 3-5 year olds in our neighborhood are taking dance and I started to feel like Kate was the only girl not in dance, so I figured I better break down and do it. I thought it would be cute to put pictures of her before he first dance class next to ones of me at about her same age.


She loved her first class and especially loved that her teacher gave her a paper ice cream cone for the work she did in class. She adds another scoop every time she goes to her dance class and practices all the skills. she also loved being able to watch herself dance in the mirror. A couple of times she got so caught up in watching herself in the mirror that she wasn't following the teacher or keeping up with the class anymore. I really like the teacher and the fact that they do a little pre-ballet, Pre-jazz, and pre-gymnastics. Kate is very excited to be in dance class and I am glad I didn't wait much longer. Hopefully she will be as excited when she starts piano. I think she has some real natural ability-all from her dad and none from me of course.

1 comment:

Brad and Emma Leavitt said...

You are so cute Kate you will have to show me your dances and invite us to your recital. Love ya