Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Family Reunion

Every year my family has a family reunion in Lava Hot Springs, Idaho. My dad was in charge this year and he did a great job. Eli helped with some of the cooking and I helped with some of the fundraising stuff for next year's reunion. I felt kind of guilty because I was selling the tickets for the quilt drawing and I actually won the quilt. A lot of people teased me about that, but I had my grandma pick the ticket and I made sure I mixed up the tickets. My dad said it was my reward for helping out. Kate had a lot of fun on vacation. She got to float down the Portneuf River with her Daddy and swim in our hotel's private hot pool.
I asked Kate was her favorite part of the vacation was thinking she would say the river float with daddy or something, but she said it was when her cousin Kiaya gave her a piece of gum. That was the best part of the vacation... kind of funny.
Beck and I went to the private hot pool to wait for Kate and daddy. We saw a squirrel and it was so funny hearing Beck try to say squirrel. It sounded kind of like "quirl". The hot pools were very relaxing on my achy back. We also got to eat out for dinner and breakfast which was definitely not a highlight since we ended up waiting for like 20 minutes before they took our order and then our food would come and they hadn't even brought us drinks. I would usually have to ask some other employee for drink refils. I noticed that everyone around us was getting better service which is frustrating. Maybe it was because we had small children with us-who knows. It was still better than last year's rancid microwaved steak or the two hour wait the year before that for our pizza at the Pizza place. That is one thing I can say about Lava is that the dinner service is horrible. At least our hotel was nice. The bed was hard as a rock, but it was nice to have a clean, well-kept up hotel with a fridge, jetted tub and microwave.

We didn't ever make it to the regular swimming pool, but it is a lot of work with little kids anyway. My dad has a pool so we hope to swim there a few more times before summer is over. I didn't get any other pictures of the reunion because our camera was having problems luckily Eli was able to save the river float pictures. I hope our camera will last until we can get a new one probably for Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great reunion!!!I've never been to Lava Hot Springs before. I heard it is fun though!!!

Brad and Emma Leavitt said...

WOW I didn't realize skinny Eli was getting a gut just like Jakes. It makes me laugh.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny, he is getting a gut like Jake's...Now he just needs the hairline!

Asia said...

Yeah, Eli did mention that he is at a new all time high for his weight. He claims it is just water retention from how hot it has been and all the liquids he has had to drink. I agree about the drinking lots of liquids i.e. coke, but I don't think it is just water retention. I have no room to complain since I am 20 lbs over weight myself. I just think he is funny that he refuses to admit he has a coke addiction and that it doesn't affect him (he usually can't go to bed before midnight). hmmmm. He has an excuse for that too;)