Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Blessings of the Priesthood

A Sealer at the Ogden Temple at the Sealing of the Carter Family quoted President Uchtdorf as saying, "The priesthood is how God blesses his children." Here are a few family members who have been blessed by the priesthood over the weekend.

The highest priesthood blessing we can receive on this earth is to be sealed to our spouses and children for time and all eternity. On August 1st my aunt Shannon was sealed to her husband Mike and four of their five children. It was their 28th wedding anniversary which I thought was a very special way to celebrate that occasion. I am so glad they allowed me to be there to witness such a touching, special, spiritual event. What a beautiful eternal family! I love you guys!

They were honored before hand with a luncheon at the Ogden Golf and Country Club. These are my grandma's two sisters who were the hostesses for the luncheon. It was nice for me to feel close again to my grandmother by being in the presence of her two sisters. They are all very similar.
Left to Right: Ryan (the youngest), Amanda and Brett (Brett is the oldest), Austin (#3), Shawnee (#4 & only girl), and Macy (grand-daughter), Chase was across the table with his wife Breanne (you can see pictures of their recent wedding on my June 30 Blog entry).

This is my aunt and uncle's 1st grand-daughter and my cousin Brett's first daughter Macy. She is such a cutie!
On August 2nd the priesthood blessings were extended to my nephew Isaac Briscoe who was Baptised and confirmed by his father Jed. Thanks to the priesthood we are able to follow the example of Jesus and be baptised. We barely made it to Spanish Fork between the terrible car accident and getting slightly lost, but we made it just in time for the batism luckily. What a handsome boy! Thanks for involving us in this special event. It was fun to spend time with everyone. We had a late breakfast together, the cousins got to play, then we had lunch and stopped at Cabela's.
I thought this was a cute picture of Kate and Beck who were just too worn out and slept a good part of the time at Cabela's. I am so grateful that I can spend eternity with these two precious babies! God does love his children! Thanks to our Heavenly Father we have a plan to follow, the priesthood and most importantly His Son as our Savior.

I am so grateful for all these family members and their examples and for the blessings of the gospel in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asia-
What a wonderful testimony to the blessings of the priesthood. It is a wonderful blessing to have in our lives. And I love the picture of your 2 cuties asleep in the shopping cart!!!

Catherine said...

Thank you for sharing this, Asia. You're right, we are so blessed by the Priesthood. I think that quote from Elder Uchtdorf says it all. The Priesthood does show us how much God loves his children! I'm so glad to know you!