Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bewitched

Today as I was glancing around my house at the ever present mess and wishing I could be Samantha from Bewitched. All I would have to do is wiggle my nose and the kitchen would be clean, wiggle my nose and the yard work is done, wiggle my nose and the kids are dressed, wiggle my nose and my muscles are toned and the flab is gone. Instead I struggle through my pilates DVD while Beck tries to drive his cars across my face and I feel like I am cleaning constantly but everything is still a mess. I keep reminding myself that when I am older and my kids are out of the house I am going to wish they were little again and still making noise and getting into stuff. I really do love being a mom to my two adorable children! They make life interesting and a little less mundane. Here are a few things that help me get past all the dull moments.

A few months ago Eli bought a new computer and Beck loved the packaging. After a while I tried to take him and and he threw a fit. He actually fell head first back into the box trying to get back in it to play. I wish I had a picture of that but he was pretty helpless burried head first in the peanuts with his legs flailing in the air so I had to help him right away.


Today I heard Kate say "I'm cathcing a whopper" I looked over to see her fishing for her big fish stuffed animal. I told her I thought she was funny and she said "Yeah, I'm funny". Then she proceeded to explain that a whopper is a really big fish you catch in a pond.


Here are Kate and Beck struggling to wake up from a nap. They are playing together more now which sometimes means more fights, but I love to see their growing sibling bond. This was another moment where they were seeking comfort from each other. They wanted to be right next to each other even when they were still half asleep.



Beck is growing so fast. I love pictures like this that capture how small they once were.



He is developing a facination with shoes. He runs and finds his shoes anytime I mention that we might take a walk or go outside. He loves being outside and the other day I told him to tell Kate to get ready to go and I heard as he walked away from me to find Kate "Go Go Bye Bye". That same day I was pulling out of the drive way and I forgot something so I pulled back in and he started crying and said "Go!"


3 comments:

suz said...

Bewitched was one of my favorite shows growing up. I remember as a girl pretending to be Samantha. There are many times still that I think about how nice it would be to be a witch....

suz said...

hey watch those comments- I just realized I left myself wide open there!

Unknown said...

A witch huh Suzanne, Sadly I am more and more a witch everyday I am only missing the magic part...As Dorthy once asked, "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" I will plead the fifth on that...