Sunday, June 1, 2008

Perfect Day!

Eli had what I called the "perfect day" yesterday. He was able to go golfing in the morning, then he bought an air compressor and some other tools in the afternoon, then he had his favorite dinner and treat. We had Ribeye steaks on the grill with sweet potatoes and corn on the cob. We had his recent favorite chocolate covered cinnamon bears for a treat. Then following dinner he played his video game for a while. There were a few other highlights to the day as well and I think I was a little jealous that he had a day filled with so many of his favorite things and it is not even Father's Day yet.
Sometimes I feel like for me to have a day like that it would have to be the second coming or some other sort of major miracle. I have been a little stressed and hormonal and I think that is part of the reason I was so jealous. I desperately needed some "me time" just to get back into survival mode. I am sure some of you have been there where you feel like you past the fuctioning auto pilot survival mode hours or days ago and any second you are going to have a complete break down. Friday night I was able to go for a jog and that was very soothing. I needed the extra endorphins, fresh air, and time to my self. Saturday I took the kids for a walk and let them play outside which was also a little break since eventhough I was still taking care of them at least they were occupied and not fighting, pawing at each other or me, and had something to keep their interest.
On Saturday I was also a little sad because even though I needed a break from kids and being a mom I feel like my kids are growing up too fast. We moved Beck form his rear facing infant seat to Kate's old foward facing toddler car seat and we bought Kate a big girl car booster that she will use probably until she is like 10 years old. Then at dinner she didn't want daddy to cut the corn off her cob she wanted to eat it right off the cob like a big girl. I feel like I am losing my "baby Kate" a little bit each day.
Well now everybody in the family is sick except me, so it is a good thing I had a few "perfect moments" even if it wasn't the whole day to help me get back on track so I can help take care of everyone.

Here is what Eli used to marinade our steaks: Olive oil, a couple cloves of garlic minced, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.

Here is another marinade we like to use:
Fajita marinade
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope today was a least a little bit of a break. It was nice to have all the kids together to play.