Monday, July 28, 2008

Creative Kate

Kate is quite creative with her play and she has a great imagination. This first picture is a recycling center she made to recycle broken wipes containers. It is basically a scarf her aunt Emma made plus a few pieces of metallic confetti placed in the center of the circle.
Here Kate made a sand castle at the park. It is basically just a few sticks in the sand, but she liked it.

I thought as part of this entry I would include some more Kateisms:

The other night we had some bow tie pasta with asparagus and Kate called it butterfly pasta with spar-a-kisses.

I told her one time that because she was only three she could not go outside by herself. She then asked me how old I was and I told her 33 and she said, "I guess you can't go outside by yourself either mom."

I was putting sun screen on her arm and she started telling me how she has little fur and then she said "daddy has lots of big fur".

She calls Quesadillas "case of dias", Lagoon is "Da-goon", and Biloculars are "minoculators".

Today she was jumping up and down and she told me she was jumping on her "Go-Go stick".

I hope she doesn't ever lose her creativity and imagination. She is quite the perfectionist already, so I hope that doesn't stand in the way of her self-expression. Some times if she can do it perfect on the first try she gets so frustrated she gives up or wants you to do it for her. I keep trying to encourage her to practice and that it is okay not to get it right the very first time. I hate to see her so hard on herself and to be so much like her mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little ones are so cute!!! They do say the funniest things. I remember when Sam was little he would call Jake "hun" just like I would.

Asia said...

That is so cute. Too bad I wasn't around to hear all the cute things they said when they were little.