Sunday, July 20, 2008

Terrible Twos: Salty Kisses

Beck will be 18 months old at the end of next month (the 28th), however he is already starting into the "terrible twos". It is hard to keep him occupied especially when I am trying to cook dinner. Usually I let him play in my cupboards while I am cooking and his favorite place is the spice cupboard. That was also Kate's favorite place to play when she was his age.






Mostly he just likes to grab the different plastic bottles and throw them across the room. Well, this past week he got a hold of an open box of baking soda which I forgot was right in his reach. I didn't notice until Kate came to tell me about the mess Beck made in her tent. He had dumped the entire box of baking soda all over himself, the carpet and all over the floor of the tent. Luckily it was an easy clean up. I just took the tent outside and shook it out and the baking soda helps deodorize the carpet anyway. I picked Beck up to clean him up and gave him a little kiss on the cheek. Boy was it a salty kiss.

I am sure that there will be many more terrible two incidents to come. Hopefully I learn a little with each child. Like after putting Kate in the grocery cart with the eggs and she started cracking them in the cart and then jumping on top of a box of cereal. I think I learned my lesson not to put kids in the cart with the groceries-at least not during the terrible twos. Kate loved to get into the diapers and wipes. Since I was not blogging when she went through this phase I thought I should include these pictures.
Kate wore herself out making a mess of the diapers and fell asleep on her teddy. How can you get mad when they are so darn cute. How can you get mad when it is creative and funny like when Kate dumped formula all over her baby's face. I couldn't get mad because I had told her to feed her baby and that is how she saw me feed Beck sometimes.
I thought it was cute in this pictures how he is showing me his work.

I just can't get upset with this sweet face. It is a good thing they are so cute when they are making so much trouble.

What a cute little sly grin he has.


I love this last picture because you can see the little hand that caused such destruction. I wonder what this little hand is going to do next.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beck is such a cutie!!!. We didn't have issues with baking soda with the kids, but both Sam and Liz when they were each about 2 got into the Desitin. Holy Cow!! That is hard stuff to get out of hair, skin, and carpet and clothes. It is easy to wipe off walls though!!!! Have fun!!!