Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best of 2010 Holidays


The holidays are so much more fun when you have little kids that get so excited about everything. Christmas was great. The kids were very pleased with what Santa brought and Beck commented, that "We made the nice list and got none coal". He was so excited to get a bike and transformers and Kate loved her skates. It was warm enough they even got to go out and practice for a bit on Christmas morning. I tried very hard to make sure they understood the true meaning of the holiday and they had lots of fun re-enacting the nativity on an almost daily basis. I don't have any Christmas pictures available to me at the moment, but here is one from Halloween. The rain didn't even dampen their spirits.

It has also been fun to help with the holiday parties at school. Eli and I were both able to go the Kate's school for a thanksgiving feast and eat lunch with her in the cafeteria. I was able to go to Beck's pre-school for the Thanksgiving party and Kate's kindergarten for the Christmas party. It is fun to see how excited your kids are to see you at their school. Kate was so excited to announce to everyone that I was her mom and she came up and gave me a big hug. Beck wouldn't leave my side the whole time I was helping with the pre-school party. I love the adoration they have for their moms and dads at this age and I am trying to enjoy it before it is gone.

No comments: